For the last 35 years, Tom has been assisting small and medium sized businesses with their structure, organization and business planning. He has also represented clients in acquisitions and sales of their business, handled clients’ real estate transactions, and provided tax and estate planning services for the individual business owners. Tom’s clients have most recently included banks, manufacturing businesses, real estate developers, convenience stores, and an assortment of other small businesses.
Tom attended the University of Kansas earning his B.A. degree in Anthropology, and then his Juris Doctorate degree from the same University in 1980. Since that time Tom has been practicing law in the Kansas City area. Tom is a Member of the Missouri Bar, the Federal District Courts of Kansas and the U.S. Tax Court.
- Missouri Bank & Trust Company, General Counsel, 2006 to present
- Polsinelli Shughart PC (f/k/a Shughart Thomson & Kilroy, P.C.), 1994-2006
- Copileuitz Bryant Gray & Jennings, P.C., 1980-1994
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 1980
University of Kansas, B.A., Anthropology
bar admissions and professional affiliations
- Admitted, State Bar of Missouri
- U.S. District Courts-Kansas
- U.S. Tax Court