Scott brings depth of experience as a business partner and lawyer. Scott’s experience includes a general corporate practice representing private and public clients in a wide variety of legal matters with a large law firm. He has also spent more than 15 years as a business partner in a variety of general counsel related roles. He has been the first in-house corporate counsel for a small, global, publicly-traded manufacturing and construction services company, Assistant General counsel for a global filtration company, and served in a variety of leadership roles with General Electric Company’s Energy and Power & Water businesses. His expertise includes: General corporate and commercial contracting and negotiation with customers, vendors and strategic partners; acquisitions and divestitures; due diligence; business integrations; process improvement and simplification; compliance; international trade controls; protection of intellectual property, confidential and proprietary information; risk management; and general strategic business counseling and problem solving. Scott works very effectively with business leaders and combines his business and legal experience to provide practical, risk-based guidance and solutions tailored to the specific needs of each client.
- CLARCOR Inc. (NYSE: CLC) – Assistant General Counsel (2014-2017)
- General Electric Company (NYSE: GE) – GE Power & Water/GE Energy – Senior Managing Counsel, Business Unit General Counsel (2004-2014)
- BHA Group Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BHAG) – Corporate Counsel (1999-2004)
- Morrison & Hecker, LLP (n/k/a Stinson Leonard Street LLP) – Partner (1992-1999)
- University of Missouri – Columbia, J.D.
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.S.B.A. (Finance and Real Estate)
bar admissions and professional affiliations
- Admitted, State Bar of Missouri
- Admitted, State Bar of Kansas